Department: Medical | Location: Mildenhall, Suffolk | Permanent Shift
To take a project leading role in bringing medical projects from concept/ design stage, through regulatory approvals, and in to commercial products.
JEB are looking for an experienced project leader to oversee the design and development of new and innovative medical devices. The applicant must have previous experience in project leading full-lifecycle medical device product development e.g. from concept, through design and development, clinical trial, regulatory approval, manufacture and product launch. Applicants will have a keen interest in healthcare technology and project leading, be highly organized with good team building and communication skills and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in medical device development.
- Working closely with the stake holders to gather relevant concept information.
- To facilitate in the concept and design of products that meet the project’s needs.
- To provide project leadership that includes management of budget, timeline and resources.
- Generation of project documentation in line with ISO 13485 and other medical device regulatory requirements.
- Generation of regular project update reports
- Attend and organise regular project meetings.
- To engage relevant vendors and subcontractors to support the needs of the project.
- To develop product test methods, data analysis and evaluations to determine or prove product performance and reliability.
- To function within all quality systems and regulations, particularly related to medical devices.
- Occasional global and UK travel will be required to satisfy the needs of the project.
- Support in the design, concept and development of product manufacturing equipment.
- To attend relevant training courses
Qualifications and Requirements
The Medical Project Lead position is a critical role within the medical department team. This individual will lead projects to develop new products that meet the customer’s and JEB’s requirements. They will be required to implement projects according to project management principles, and maintain compliance to regulatory and quality systems.
This position will require leadership qualities, skills and cross-functional teamwork. The successful candidate will lead the implementation of projects of varying size and impacts across a diverse set of medical devices. This will require knowledge and understanding of project management, problem-solving skills, and communication skills (verbal and written). This individual will be required to interact closely with other medical and non-medical team members as well as cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Regulatory, and Quality.